Add color and curb appeal to your home with beautiful window boxes.
Window boxes have an ancient history. Throughout the years they’ve taken on various forms from the wire hay baskets of English cottage gardens, to the wrought iron window boxes of France, to the more traditional, colonial window boxes we see today in the United States.
Originally, a window box was used to cultivate vegetable gardens. Now it has become more decorative and are a phenomenal way to add color and curb appeal to any home.
With this in mind Simonton has collected our favorite DIY window boxes, so you can easily add a little history, color, and curb appeal to your home.
2. Learn how to build this simple window box with this how-to from HomeTalk.
3. Add just the right amount of curb appeal to your home with this awesome DIY from Two Twenty One.
4. Amp up your window box with this step-by-step guide from This Old House.
5. This window box will cost you less than $4 to make. Find the tutorial here.
6. Love succulents? This window planter is for you. Find the tutorial here.
Looking for more window box inspiration? Check out our Fall Window Decorations that Add Curb Appeal.