Get a deal and feel good about your purchase at the 15th annual window auction for a cause.
Saturday, May 7, Simonton Windows & Doors, part of the Ply Gem family of brands, will auction off NEW windows and patio doors to support the American Cancer Society.
The auction, which is completely open to the public, will begin at 11 a.m. at the Simonton Windows manufacturing plant on Route 50 in Ellenboro, West Virginia. Hundreds of Simonton windows and patio doors will be available for sale.
Throughout the past 14 years the window and door auction has raised more than $500,000 for the American Cancer Society; with $48,625 raised in 2015 alone.
Where do your donations go?
All proceeds from the auction go directly to the American Cancer Society. Locally, these donations help provide cancer patients with free wigs, free transportation to and from cancer treatments, access to a local support group called Look Good Feel Better, cancer prevention education, cancer screening guidelines, and so much more.
Tips for Attending the Auction
- You may arrive as early as 8 a.m. to view the auction items.
- Bring the exact measurements of the windows and patio doors you need.
- Cash and checks will be accepted at the auction (make checks payable to The American Cancer Society).
- You must be able to take all of your purchased items home with you the day of the auction.
- All items will be sold “as is” without warranty.
- Typically, the average auction price for windows is between $40 and $50 each; the average auction price for patio doors is between $100 and $175 each.
To learn more about the American Cancer Society and Relay for Life, visit www.cancer.org.