There’s a lot of information floating around about replacement windows. We’ve cut the clutter and boiled it down to 8 need-to-know facts.
8 Things You Need to Know About Replacement Windows
1. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, poor or old windows could account for more than 25 percent of your average household energy bill.
2. Replacement windows can cut outside noise. Less noise means more peace and quiet.
3. Wood windows are often costly, can swell and can contract depending on temperature; and require a great deal of annual maintenance.
4. Vinyl replacement windows are affordable, energy efficient, and require little to no maintenance.
5. There are many window styles to choose from, so you can pick the right replacement windows for any room in your home.
7. Windows make up approximately 15 percent of your home’s wall space. Keeping them updated and beautiful will do wonders for your home.
8. You don’t have to pick a plain white vinyl window. Simonton’s Decorum options allow you to choose from a variety of different colors and hardware finishes.