Are Vinyl Windows Better
If you’ve made the decision to replace your windows, you’ve probably already given a lot of thought to which material is best. Wood vs. vinyl windows? Aluminum vs. vinyl windows? Chances are you’ve also encountered a lot of conflicting information about these choices.
The good news is your decision doesn’t have to be complicated. Because once you do a head-to-head comparison, you’ll see that vinyl is simply a better choice than other materials. It’s certainly superior to aluminum windows and doors – which readily conducts heat and cold making them far less energy efficient. And, as you’re about to discover, vinyl outperforms wood, too.
Sure, wood and vinyl windows may perform similarly when it comes to energy efficiency, but when you consider ease of installation, wood’s high-maintenance requirements and the availability of rich, textured, realistic woodgrain laminates for vinyl windows, vinyl becomes the outstanding choice for all these reasons:
- Low maintenance
- Great insulating value
- Beauty and appearance of wood without the hassle of maintaining it
- Strength and durability
- Excellent resistance to rotting, corrosion, salt air, termites and air pollutants.
When the comparison is wood vs. vinyl windows, vinyl clearly wins. Still have your heart set on the look of real wood? Let’s take a closer look:
- Vinyl retains its finish – there’s no need to sand, re-stain and repaint!
- Vinyl won’t pit, peel or flake like wood.
- Vinyl holds up to repeated use, maintaining its beauty year after year.
- The only maintenance vinyl usually required is a quick washing, after which it looks as good as new.
- Beautiful, durable and realistic interior wood laminates are available today is a variety of popular woodgrains such as oak, cherry and maple. Allowing you to have the rich look of wood in your home with all the maintenance.
Need another reason vinyl is better? How about the fact that it’s easier on the pocketbook – approximately 10% less expensive than wood. Plus vinyl windows offer you a variety of architectural choices and design options to choose from – styles, configurations and colors to perfectly complement your home and lifestyle.
So are vinyl windows better? Let’s put it this way – over the long term, there’s simply no comparison when it comes to wood vs. vinyl windows. Vinyl is definitely the smarter choice!